Sunday, March 23, 2008

No imaging :-(

We're being hammered by the Jet stream here in the UK at present, so there's nothing new to show at the moment. This is the worst that it's been since I started imaging a few years ago!
I've been out every night that it's been clear, but the seeing has been rubbish.

I've also been messing about with PHD Guiding (PHD=Push Here Dummy), this a a great little program that enables my AS-GT mount to be auto-guided by another smaller telescope, to allow me to do long exposures with my Canon 400D. Works really well. I hooked it up to my DMK camera, which was going through an old 200mm Tamron telephoto and a barlow lens. And I managed a 3 minute exposure, looks really promising.
All I need is some clear nights of good seeing... did I mention that?

Credit Netweather.tv