Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Covingham Observatory.

Here are a set of pictures of my new observatory.
The pillar is set in a 3ft x 3ft square by about 2.5ft deep re-inforced concrete block, (it's only 2.5 ft deep because I came across the water table... that was fun). The corner shed itself sits on 16 concrete blocks.
The 2 metre steel tube was purchased locally and the pier top was bought from company called Epsilon, and I used velcro strips from Compaq for attaching the HC holder and cables to the pier. The two central corrugated roof sections are secured using some hook and eyes and are just pushed to the side when observing.
I have laid an old rug on the floor just in case I drop something, and have one of those TV shelf things that I use to support my laptop.
I still have some work to do, but it's well usable. :-)